Registered Nurses

Contact Us

News and Events





Q: How long does it take to bring a nurse to the U.S.?

1 year to 1 and 1/2 years

Needs to pass:

Q: How long will it take the I-140 be approved?
A: 3 to 6 months
consular processing: 6 months
Q: Why use MWI?
A: Our staff of attorneys and healthcare recruitment personnel has many years of experience on immigration and healthcare recruitment.
Q: What kind of visa will these nurses have?
A: We are processing schedule A-nurse "Green Card Visa"; pre-certified and no labor certification required. It is for permanent residency. If possible and if available, H-1C; under certain circumstances H-1B and H-3 Visas.
Q: How long will they work in the hospital/facility?
A: 2 to 3 years.
Q: Nurses are from where?
A: Philippines, Peru, Ireland, India and other places
Q: How do you prepare these nurses?
A: We have a strong relationship with a company in the Philippines that trains nurses to pass the exams. Right now, we have nurses that have passed the exams and are ready to come, just wating for you. The company in the Philippines will take care of all the exam requirements.
Q: Who is CGFNS?

CGFNS - Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools

The CGFNS mission is to protect the public by assuring the integrity of the health professional credentials educated in countries other than the United States (U.S.) are eligible and qualified to meet licensure and other practice requirements in the U.S. in the context of global migration.

Services and Programs

1. Certification Program
2. Credential Evaluation Service and the CES Report
3. VisaScreen

link: http://www.cgfns.org/default.shtml

Q: What is CGFNS Certification Program?

The CGFNS Certification Program(CP) is a three-part program required of internationally-educated registered nurses by a majority of U.S. states in order to take the NCLEX-RN licensure examination.

The three parts of the program includes:

  1. credentials review
  2. Qualifying Exam of Nursing Knowledge
  3. English Language Proficiency Examination

    Upon successful completion of all three elements of the Certification Program, applicants are awarded a CGFNS Certificate.

link: http://www.cgfns.org/sections/prog/cert.shtml

Q: What is CGFNS Credential Evaluation Service and CES report?

CES- Credentials Evaluation Service

The CES analyzes education and licensure in terms of comparability to U.S. standards and expectations of healthcare professionals with an international educational background who wish to pursue a healthcare professional degree in the U.S. for the purpose of licensure. Most nursing boards in the U.S. require a CES report as a requirement to take the NCLEX exam.

The process generally takes from 6 to 8 weeks after receipt of all documentation and fees.

link: http://www.cgfns.org/sections/prog/cred.shtml

Q: What is VisaScreen?

VisaScreen T - Visa Credentials Assessment

Section 343 of the Illegal Immigration Reform and Responsibility Act of 1996 requires that certain non-U.S. healthcare professionals successfully complete a screening program prior to receiving an occupational visa, such as the H-1B, H-2B, TN status and permanent (green card) visas.Under these final rules, internationally-educated healthcare professionals, such as:

  • nurses
  • physical therapists
  • occupational therapists
  • physician assistants
  • medical technicians
  • medical laboratory technologists
  • speech language pathologists
  • audiologists

who are seeking temporary or permanent occupational visas as well as those who are seeking Trade NAFTA (TN) status, are required to first obtain a CGFNS/ICHP VisaScreen T certificate as part of the visa process.

Once the applicant has successfully completed all elements of the VisaScreen T program, the applicant is awarded a VisaScreen T Certificate, which can be presented to a consular office or, in the case of adjustment status, the attorney general as part of a visa application.

link: http://www.cgfns.org/sections/prog/visa.shtml

Q: What is NCLEX?

NCLEX - National Council Licensure Examination

A Nurse must pass the NCLEX in order to become a licensed registered nurse in the U.S.

* NCLEX exams are offered in Hongkong, Saipan and other countries



@ Medical Workforce Inc. 2006